30 Days of Thanks: Day 3


Today I'm thankful for having a hobby/interest I can share with my husband and for boats, lakes and fishing. This past summer, "Cousin Kris" as we refer to him, acquired a boat that Jarrad claimed as half his. Throughout the summer Jarrad went on a number of camping trips and even more fishing trips. No, I didn't get to go as often as I'd like, but there were a few occasions that I got to escape with him and I fully believe that those moments were what helped me to regain my sanity.

When camping, we roughed it so I didn't have to worry every minute about how much money we were spending and what bill would suffer as a result because we caught our food and cooked it. And I got to experience true serenity. During the day, hundreds of boats are flying across the lake but if you get in your boat after dark and drift off into the water, you realize that the water can be still. The calmness that follows is amazing: a slight rock of the boat, laid back, feet up and total quite- AMAZING.

Not only did I get to enjoy the camping, but I've fallen in love with fishing. It's the same stress free results for me, except instead of calmness, it instills excitement in me. My dad taught me SO much growing up, but I didn't take a large interest in fishing until recently (which is weird since my dad LOVES fishing) and it was Jarrad and "Cousin Kris" that taught me the basics and because of Jarrad, I caught my first big fish this year- a 4 pound bass....SO exciting. I jumped up and down in the boat like a mad woman. Jarrad trying to yell instructions to me through my excitement and I'm freaking out and telling him to land it because I was SO afraid I'd lose it. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face the rest of that day.

So today I'm thankful for a shared interest with my husband and boats, camping and lakes




0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.