30 Days of Thanks: Day 12

Tonight I'm thankful for the fact that when our Jeep says ZERO miles until empty, it really means you have about 25-30 to go, THANK YOU! We took a very long road trip last night but I'll save all of the miniscule details. The short of the story is this. We hit I-65 last night, these means one hour until we've made it to our parent's house. At this point, my husband simply asks: "How are we on fuel? Can we make it or do we need to stop?" I look down, 1/4 tank..."Sure, we're good to go" I replied.

Well, 5 miles from the Georgiana exit (35 miles from Andalusia) BING...the gas light comes on. "Cousin Kris" switches the digital board to read how many miles till empty. 11 miles, 7 miles, 5 miles, ZERO miles...PHEW! There's the Georgiana exit, we can get diesel here. Pull into the gas station and guess what, no diesel. Three cops sitting there. "Excuse me, we need diesel fuel, where is the closest open gas station?" Well, you can go 15 miles back that way (back the way we came) or 20 miles that way (well past the exit). So, what choice do we have? We set back on the interstate, backtracking what ended up being 20 miles to the an exit with a diesel station, we praying the entire way that we won't run out of fuel. Luckily, no one chose to yell at me, though I'd want to yell at me if I were in their situation. So we set out, scooting at just 60 miles/hour and me biting my nails and praying "God, PLEASE don't let us run out of diesel, please." Thank God, WE MADE IT! PHEW!

So, tonight, I'm thankful for the fact that ZERO miles to empty doesn't really mean ZERO miles to empty for the fabulous Jeep Liberty.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.