Mommy for the Weekend

Friday evening through Sunday evening I stepped in and played the role of mommy for a beautiful 9 month old named Peyton. She's one of the sweetest little girls I've ever had the privilege of taking care of and I have to admit I've learned a lot about myself and my potential as a mother...pat on my own back...now back to the post.

First let me just say, I have an all new prospective on motherhood and I'd like to give MAD PROPS to all the moms I know. The first night was very simple and I thought, this is a piece of cake, but the second night I got a taste of what it would be like to deal with a baby running a fever, teething and dealing with a belly ache all at teh same time. Not once did I get impatient or agitated, but I also can't lie and say it's easy to be awakened every 2 hours to a baby screaming but the hardest part wasn't having to wake every 2 hours, it was knowing she was in pain but having no means other than a little baby tylenol and a lot of comforting to try to easy the pain even a little.

So here's the great things I learned about myself:
* I love being awakened in the morning by a smiling, laughing baby
* I love listening to her talking to herself and cracking up at whatever she says
* I smirk a little when other people try to hold her but she cries because she only wants me
* I love that I mastered the art of bathing both myself and the baby...at the same time
* I love the peacefulness of holding a sleeping baby...even more I love that I'm able to singe her to sleep
* Mostly I love that I'm able to provide her withh a place that allows her to feel safe

Negatives- well, there really aren't any major negatives but.
* The lack of sleep is a bit hard
* OH, Big one- planning a weekend around having a baby.....babysitters are EXPENSIVE, trust me, I know- I'm usually the babysitter and at $10/hour who can afford to go out?
* Getting dressed...yea, that's a bit complicated with a toddler that likes to pull up on everything and is in to everything and wants to be held 24/7
* And...ummmm..yea....that's about it

So the weekend was great and I was extremely sad today when I no longer had a baby to take care of.
So do I have baby fever? YES
Would I be OK with having a baby now? YES
Do I think I can handle it? YES
But am I OK with waiting 2 more years? Well, YES simply because I'd rather be in a better place financially and oh yea, it'd probably help if Jarrad was done with school :)

2 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...
July 14, 2008 at 8:50 PM

You're going to make a GREAT mommy! Peyton was so privileged to be with you this weekend! My family was privileged to be a part of your fun weekend as well!! Love you.

Kelly Moments said...
July 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM

And I think you're going to make a wonderful mother, just as soon as you guys are ready!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.