Me and My Sister

You know, my sister is one of only a few people that I can be myself with, 100%. I spend so much of my time being self conscious of myself, of how others perceive me both at work and outside of work. It's actually a major cause of anxiety for me. Do you know what it's like to spend half your life second guessing yourself? Your actions? It's not fun but with my sister I let loose. 


A couple of weeks ago I flew out to visit with Brandy for a few days, something that was much needed and definitely past due. She and I loaded up with her husband and headed to New Orleans. We eventually ended up in a bar called Howl at the Moon where we let loose and sang at the top of our lungs. Eventually they played our requested song, Me and Bobby McGee,  and I image to everyone else we looked something like this: 


"Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train, I was feeling nearly as faded as my jeans. Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained......HEY HEY HEY, Bobby McGeeeeeee, yea. I call him my lover, I call him my friend...."


It was so nice to finally let loose and soon she'll be here in NC with me and I've never been happier. 
Friends are friends, but it's to your sister that you can tell your deepest and darkest secrets without judgement and know that she'll still love you no matter what. 

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.