Prayer and Surrender

Unfortunately I didn't sleep at all Saturday night and by Sunday I had a pretty miserable sinus infection and high fever. I sat there debating rather or not I should stay on the couch for the day or if I should go ahead and get ready for church. Since I apparently missed a wonderful service last Sunday, I wasn't about to do the same this Sunday so up I went, nasty runny nose and all and I'm so glad I did.

Sometimes I think the messages at Church at the Triangle are tailored just for me. This week's focus was prayer and surrender. Which is something I struggle with. I find that often I say to God, here I am, I surrender to you, do as you want with me but in the back of my head I'm saying....as long as it doesn't interfere with X, Y & Z. It was good for me to hear yesterday's message because lately not only have I prayed that God will take me and do as he pleases, but I pray that I will be brave enough and that God will provide the courage for me to follow through with whatever he requests.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.