Friday Brain Dump - you've been warned

One of my goals this year is to cut all of the excess stuff that makes my life more stressful, unpleasant or that takes time away from simply enjoying myself, time with my husband or my poor loyal dogs that look at at me each day as if they're thinking: "this is the day, yes, this is the day she'll take us on that LONG walk she keeps promising."

I have a major flaw. I know, I know, I'm sure this is a HUGE shock to you . My flaw is simple to understand - I take on too much. Maybe it's because I think I can do it all or maybe because I have a hard time letting go of control (I suspect it's a mixture of both, with a larger dosage of not being able to let go of control). Since the beginning of the year, I've made a good attempt at trimming the fat but there's still more. Being so sick these last few months has forced me to realize, I'm not super-woman (though I wish I had an excuse to wear that super cute outfit and cape). I can't do it all and I'm happiest when I allow myself to simply let go and enjoy so why do I seem to struggle with that so much?

That's a good question but I don't have that answer. Maybe as an outsider you can enlighten me. What I do know, however, is that I can make a conscious effort to be better about it. 

I'm still trying to get healthy, which was a goal as well (to finally take care of myself and stop ignoring physical ailments) and am confident they'll eventually figure it out and I simply pray that I can emotionally keep it together until they do (which is getting harder and harder by the day).

In the mean time, I'm going to continue to cut out all of the excess in my life. I want to narrow my focus to my spouse, my career, my health and our (Jarrad, me and our pack of beagles) happiness.  I think in this case, simplicity is key and once I get my list of focuses down to those I just mentioned, I think I will have finally found a state of simplicity which equates to happiness in my mind. 

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.