Happy Valentines Weekend!


I don't usually get overly excited about Valentine's Day. I'm well aware of the fact that it's a holiday created by Hallmark. But as a couple that has to watch every penny that leaves the bank account and work twice as hard to pay monthly bills, we need the occasional excuse to splurge a little and do something nice for each other which generally falls on anniversaries, birthdays and Valentine's Day. We have a habit of not buying for each other at Christmas time because we much prefer giving gifts to people so we put all of our funds towards that.

So what I'm really excited about is a day of being cheesy, a day of being overly lovey and I day to just celebrate the two of us and our love. It started with me sucking at keeping a secret and giving Jarrad the shipping confirmation for a book I ordered him from Amazon (It won't get here until 2/18 so there's no way I could have waited that long). This was followed by my husband surprising me by showing up at the office for lunch and bringing with him flowers which he purposefully had the florist remove the roses from the arrangement and substitute them with tulips, my favorite! I love it when he remembers the little things.

Tonight we're heading to Chapel Hill and Carrboro for an art walk, then it's off to Southern Rail for a delicious meal together. What will we do later tonight? Wouldn't you like to know ;-)

So here's to my favorite valentine, the best husband in the world! And for the opportunity to spoil each other a bit.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.