Avoiding the Darkness



Most days my glass is half full. I even took this mood quiz once and I was the Sun which means, "you're happy go lucky, very little bothers you, you're easy to get along with." Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, there are still those days where my glass just remains empty. I'll try and try to make it better but I can't work my way out of the funk.

I'm having one of those days, but instead of letting myself get back into a negative, unhealthy mood, I'm going to stop it in its tracks. I said in 2010 I was going to avoid the negativity or "avoid the darkness" as I've always seen it because there's that dark place deep inside that is occasionally unavoidable. So how am I going to do that?

Well, Summer 2008-October 2008 I was at my happiest because I was thriving. I'd leave work every day, head straight to the gym and ate healthier than you can ever imagine. Because of that I felt great and confident. After leaving my last position, I eventually dropped my gym membership to save money. With pay being inconsistent, my healthy eating went out the door. I new exactly what to eat to be healthy every day and how to do it appropriately, the right way and now I can't even remember any of it.

So I'm back to having a job that allows me to thrive. I enjoy work and enjoy what I do from 9:00-5:00 so it's time for me to be proud of me when I'm not at work as well. I know I run but I only do it twice a week. The winter months have me a bit down about exercise but no more excuses. I'M TAKING BACK MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I'm done, it's time to focus on me.

You know that saying, "if mama's not happy ain't no body happy?" Well, that's kind of the way I feel. Jarrad is such an easy going guy that I try to be equally (or as close to equally as I can) as easy going for him. But when I'm grumpy, not feeling well and not liking myself very much, it shows through and I can imagine I'm probably not that fun to be around.

In order to take control, I know I must first get out of this slump and start feeling good and confident about myself once more and that begins with regular exercise and eating right. When I'm at my healthiest, I'm certainly at my happiest. So that's the goal for the week. Jarrad and I are diving in together to keep each other accountable. It's time to stop using the money excuse because mine and Jarrad's health should be at the top of our priority list so I'm pushing it back up to Numero Uno.

1 comments:

Krystle said...
February 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM

It is definately hard to keep a positive outlook when times are rough. Must be a boy thing to be so easy going, especially when it comes to money! You are very right about making sure you are taking care of yourself because a healthy you is a happy you hehe. I think you've accomplished a lot and I'm proud to call you my friend. Can you send some of that motivation my way? : )

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.