Thankful Thursday- on Friday

I decided a year ago that I was going to run from the darkness, so to speak, and I've wanted to publish a new post for so many weeks now. However, the problem with that is that every time I wanted to post, I realized I couldn't figure out a way to be positive. It's like I'm falling back into the darkness and with all of that I find myself scared and anxious and I just want to be happy. 

Then I was reminded this week of why it's stupid to allow myself to fall back into that pattern. Nearly weekly, I have a friend that does a Thankful Thursday post and just a few simple acts thinks weeks from the people currently in my life, reminded me that I have a lot for which to be thankful. I wanted to post this yesterday since Thankful Thursday makes sense to post on Thursday, right? Well, that's why my blog is called A Different Walk- because I just do it my way. 

Here's what I'm thankful for right now: 

1. I'm thankful to work for a company and a group of people that really do care about your well being and that insist on putting health before work (though I don't know how to get myself to acknowledge this) and are supportive and push me to continue seeking the reasons I've been so sick. 

2. I'm thankful for friends that do what they think are just small acts of kindness to let me know they care but for me they're huge. To come into the office after several days of feeling horrible and scared, I find flowers on my desk, a desk that's been organized (because I can be a bit messy) and a note to remind me that it's a new day. To me, that is no small act of kindness. To me, this is a major act of kindness and to me it's these types of things that keep me going, that propel me forward and encourage me to continue looking at all of the good in my life.

3. I'm thankful for parents that, no matter how much it drives me crazy, are calling or texting daily for updates on how I feel. It means a lot to know just how much they care.

4. I'm thankful that I now have a garden plot....I just like growing things. I'm excited about getting out in the sun.

5. I'm thankful for every friend, acquaintance, co-worker (mixture of all three) with whom I see on a regular basis because you can learn a little something (sometimes a lot) from each and every person in your life. 

6. I'm thankful for my cousin (by marriage- as if that's important) for sitting with me for hours in both urgent care and the emergency room last week for hours, d taking care of me like my mother would have had she been there, when that day was actually supposed to be a spa day. 

7. I'm thankful for that moment every night when the lights go out, I actually feel all of the muscles in my body relax and my husband wraps his body around me so that his warmth creates this safe zone where all the worries of the day fade and I can breathe. 


Despite the things that are going wrong or maybe just not as I planned or as quickly as I've hoped for, I'm so so thankful for the all the good things in my life that remind me all will be well, all is well. 



1 comments:

Lisa said...
April 26, 2011 at 7:49 AM

This was a beautiful post. And I'm thankful that I get to share a very large piece of my day working with someone like you! Lets keep reminding ourselves of our blessings daily :-)

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.