This too Shall Pass


Sometimes the stress and anxiety of life hits me so hard that I almost fall to my knees. Like today for example. One of the most financially stressful month's of my life, I feel like I'm back to the first year of marriage or back to the three months I went without a job. I'm realizing just how fragile our budget and income still is where every small thing really sets it off for the month and it kills me. Usually I can get to work and forget about it for a while but sometimes I can't. Sometimes there are days like today where I just can't shake that feeling of anxiety, where I'm uncertain of what to do next and I'm not even sure what to do with myself. On those days, I have to get the anxiety out somehow in order to function for the rest of the day. Luckily for you, one way I do that is through writing which means you don't have to go another day staring at the same post that's been up for a couple of weeks now (or has it been longer? I'm not sure).

Keeping with my 2010 theme of avoiding the darkness, I thought perhaps I could look at what I'm thankful for. And maybe you've read these things on my blog in the past, probably through my 30 days of thanks, but sometimes I just need to be reminded.

1. I'm thankful for my husband. The one person that knows how to comfort me or put a smile on my face even on the worst of days

2. I'm thankful for my family. Without their support over the years, Im not sure how we would have survived.

3. I'm thankful for having a job I love and can't wait to get to on a daily basis. That's a big sanity saver there :)

4. I'm thankful fishing season is on it's way in. It's something relatively inexpensive, and there's nothing like chilling out on the boat with the warm sun and cool spring breeze hitting you all at the same time. There's something tranquil, serene even, to being on a lake, at peace, where there's no reason to stress because you can't at that moment. When I go fishing, sometimes I just put my reel and rod down and I just stretch out in the boat, close my eyes and think about nothing but maybe the feel of the sun or breeze.

5. I'm thankful for my friends. I'm always thankful for my friends, but if I didn't have them in my life, it would certainly be dull. I've noticed I have friends of all ages, all personalities and because of them I'm well rounded.

6. And PUPPIES.....because what part of holding a puppy wouldn't bring a smile to your face?

There, I feel much better....thanks for listening! Now time to get some real work done.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top A Different Kind of Walk. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.